Pages

Saturday 10 May 2014

Layouts 33 and 34

Hi!

Can you believe that it's Saturday and I've actually blogged all of my regular blogging days this week?  It's been a while since I've achieved that!  My secret is that I usually sit down of a Sunday evening and do the whole lot of posts for the week.  With school holidays and public holidays I've really been out of whack!  Hopefully I'm back on track now with my routines - they aren't just for children it seems!


I think this was about day 5 of our trip.  We spent most of the day visiting Versailles, which is such an incredibly luxurious, decadent place.  We had to catch about 3 different trains to get there, but I didn't mind as it gave us the opportunity to see some more of Paris.  Once you get to the outer edges you seem much different things.  One thing I noticed was all of the kitchen gardens at the back of the houses adjacent to the rail lines.  Nearly every house had one.  We were going to fast to see what they were growing though.

 

When we got off the train at Versailles we didn't need to ask for directions to get to the Chateau, we just followed the crowd heading there!  The Chateau was completely over the top with the decadence.  I felt like my jaw was on the ground the whole time!  After we walked around the Chateau we decided to have lunch before visiting the gardens.  We had the choice of a cafeteria or a restaurant for lunch, so we decided to treat ourselves to a nice lunch in the restaurant.


After lunch we headed out into the gardens.  In the photo below you can see how extensive they are!  From where we were standing it would take you an hour to walk to the far end of the garden, and they stretched out on either side nearly as far.


As it was the start of spring the gardens weren't in great shape.  They were still pretty bare after the harsh winter.  We didn't spend much time there, but you could tell that in full bloom they would be gorgeous!  While we strolled through the gardens we came across an Australian sports team there too.  I think they were a high school rugby team representing Australia.  Funny how you can go so far and still find pieces of home.


Bye for now,

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment. I really appreciate it.

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.